Our new master of criminal justice leadership is a cohort program that can be completed in five semesters. The curriculum provides an interdisciplinary approach to criminal justice education that will explore criminal justice administration, social casework, teaching and court agencies.
The second cohort will begin in fall 2017. We are now accepting applications. Application deadline for graduate assistantship is April 30.
Tuesday, May 9, 5:30 p.m.
Schewel Hall, Room 231
- 30-credit hour program offered in Executive format
- Strong faculty base and support from the Central Virginia criminal justice workforce
- Curriculum focus on:
- theories of leadership and management
- innovative practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- design, implementation and evaluation of policies and practice
- study of administration of public and private agencies such as law enforcement, court agencies, corrections departments and private security firms
Students will be prepared to:
- work as leaders within the criminal justice system
- hold managerial and supervisory positions in criminal justice-related organizations
- conduct research in criminal justice