- DHSc in Health Sciences, University of St. Augustine; St. Augustine, Fla., 2001
- MS in Applied Anatomy and Physiology, Boston University; Boston, Mass., 1991
- BS in Physical Therapy, University of Pittsburgh; Pittsburgh, Pa., 1985
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists; 2003-2023
- Certified in Manual Therapy, University of St. Augustine; St. Augustine, FL; 2000 – Present
- Certified in Trigger Point Dry Needling by KinetaCore; 2011 – Present
- Certified FMS Professional, Level 1, Functional Movement Systems; 2011 – Present
- Certified as a Provider of Augmented Soft Tissue Manipulation (Astym™); 2004 – Present
- Lynchburg College; Lynchburg, Va.; Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy; 2013 – Present
- Rapid Rehabilitation; Winchester, Va.; Physical Therapist, Clinical Specialist; 2001 – 2012
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences; St. Augustine, Fla.; Online Faculty for Flex Doctoral Program in Physical Therapy and PA medicine; 2003 – 2013
- Shenandoah University; Winchester, Va.; Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy; 1991 – 2000
- Winchester Medical Center; Shenandoah University Faculty PT Practice; 1991 – 2000
- Boston University; Boston, Mass.; Teaching Fellow; 1990 – 1991
- Simmons College; Boston, Mass.; Adjunct Faculty; Program in Physical Therapy; 1990 – 1991
- Boston University Medical Center; Boston, Mass.; Physical Therapist; 1989 – 1991
- Mercy Hospital; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Physical Therapist; 1985 – 1989
- “Measuring for Lymphedema with L-Dex in a Woman With Breast Cancer Using Crutches to Walk After Knee Surgery: A Case Study Report,” Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association, Anaheim, California, February 2016.
- “The Functional Movement Screen: Firefighter Recruit School,” Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association, Indianapolis, Ind., February 2015.
- “Talking the Walk & Treating the Walk: Gait in 2014,” with Davis, A. Lynchburg, Va., March 2014.
- “Shoulder, neck, and thoracic back pain and disability treated with instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization, manual therapy, and exercise following prophylactic mastectomy with failed reconstruction: A case study,” Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association, Las Vegas, Nev., February 2014.
- “Physical Therapy Decreases Shoulder Impairments & Functional Limitations in a Woman Receiving Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer: A Single Case Design,” Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Nashville, Tenn., Spring 2004.
- “Reliability of Practice Pattern Selection when Applying an Algorithm to the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice,” Combined Sections Meeting, APTA, San Antonio, Tex., Spring 2000.
- Anatomical Applications to Evaluating the Patient with Low Back Pain in the Low Back Pain Handbook, editor Brian D’Orazio, Butterworth-Heinemann 1997.
- “Predictive Admissions Variables for Academic and Clinical Success of Entry-Level Physical Therapist: Instrumentation Phase,” Combined Sections Meeting, APTA, Reno, Nev., Spring 1995.
- “Indications Conference: A Key Course for Curricular Integration within a New Physical Therapy Program,” Combined Sections Meeting, APTA, Reno, Nev., Spring 1995.
- American Physical Therapy Association; 1983 – Present
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists; 1999 – Present