MEd in Special Education Research
The MEd in special education offers you in-depth study and research opportunities to explore specific areas of interest or pursue research projects in individual classes beyond class assignments.
Previous and current research projects include:
- Autism Spectrum disorders
- Reading disabilities
- Intellectual disabilities
- Emotional and behavior disorders
- Criminal justice for individuals with disabilities
- Teaching strategies for children with disabilities
An overview of work completed by special education students and graduates shows the breadth and depth of projects undertaken since 2008.
The Lynchburg College Journal of Special Education, a publication that consists almost entirely of LC students' work, publishes exemplary pieces written within individual graduate courses in addition to research conducted beyond class assignments.