Student Center Expansion
Here’s a quick rundown of recycling/reuse efforts.
- Trees and shrubs are being ground up for mulch. The tree replanting plan provides a minimum of a one-for-one replacement; however, there will be more with the incorporation of the Loop Road plantings. The grounds crew also retrieved several trees before site demolition and replanted them on campus.
- Bricks, concrete, and slate were ground up and brought back to campus to be used in pipe trenches for back fill.
- Metal and steel, including iron railings, rebar from concrete, and window lintels, are being recycled.
- Light posts have been salvaged and will be used on campus as needs arise.
- Flagpoles in front of Hall Campus Center were moved to the front of Hopwood Hall to replace the old ones, which will be reused off campus.
- Burton Student Center lettering has been carefully removed and is in storage until a final plan for its use is determined.