Welcome to Senior Year!
We, your Class of 2014 Senior Pledge Committee, will soon be asking you to think about what it means to be a Lynchburg College alum. It's critical that we, like those before us, support our alma mater.
The Senior Pledge
As a graduate of Lynchburg College, you pledge to:
- Explore and take into account the social and environmental consequences of any job you consider. You will try to improve these aspects of any organizations for which you work
- Champion the mission and values of your alma mater, adding value to your diploma and public familiarity with Lynchburg College
- Remain connected with the College through the Alumni Association by attending events near your home and on campus when possible, staying in touch with classmates, and keeping your information up to date with the Office of Alumni Relations
- Support the College by making a gift to the Annual Fund, which ensures the next generation of LC students succeed in a global society. You recognize that Lynchburg College can grow only by the continued support of its alumni
What is the Annual Fund?
Your Annual Fund gift will help support scholarships, and provide resources and learning tools like the Wilmer Writing Center, lab equipment, books, and computers.
Annual Fund gifts are unrestricted, so the College can use them where and when they are needed most urgently.
You may give to any of these Annual Fund areas:
- LC's greatest needs
- Student scholarships
- Library enhancements
- Faculty development
- Hornet Club (athletics)
- Career development
Why should you pledge?
Alumni giving is a factor in determining LC's national ranking in magazines like U.S. News & World Report. It is a measure of our commitment to LC and shows the world we are proud to be Hornets!
During our time here, we benefited from other generous alumni. Now is our chance to help the next generation of LC students. Many classes before us have supported our LC education by enthusiastically participating in their own Senior Class Campaigns.
How can I afford to give?
We are asking for you to pledge your support, not give at this time. We're asking that every year for 4 years, beginning next year. For example, if you gave LC $25, that's just $2.08 a month! This total gift of $100, made in installments, is not much when you think about it, but when combined with others' gifts, it goes a long way at LC.
Giving is easy!
- You may make your gift in honor of someone - a parent, professor, coach, or mentor, who has made your college experience better. The College will let that person know a gift has been made in his/her honor.
- Your first pledge payment is not due until a full year after graduation!
- You may give using your credit or debit card.
- You may give online when it's convenient for you.
- We ask that you support the Annual Fund. However, your pledge to any area of the College counts!
- Make your pledge to LC