- The Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA) measures student achievement in critical thinking and analytic writing. LC students, over the course of their studies, improved in both areas at a rate 33% higher than their counterparts nationwide.
- The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) shows that LC seniors rank from 10% to 40% higher than the national average on a variety of measures of academic engagement such as interaction with faculty outside class.
- LC students are committed to their local and global community: they log over 70,000 hours of service each year, both in the U.S. and abroad.
- There are more than 100 student organizations on campus, many of which take on special service projects.
- 163 ODAC (Old Dominion Athletic Conference) championships, including seven in 2011-12.
- Over the last four years, the majority of ODAC All-Academic Team members were LC students. In recent years, 26 Coach of the Year awards have gone to Lynchburg College coaches.