Applying to the EdD Program
We are now accepting applications for the second cohort, which will begin doctoral coursework in summer 2013.
To apply, submit the following:
- An online or paper application.
- A non-refundable $30 application fee.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A 300-500 word essay focused on career goals and emphasizing prior leadership opportunities and experiences.
- Successful completion of a prior master's degree.
A professional postgraduate degree will be considered based on relevance to the leadership studies program.
- Official transcripts from your bachelor's degree and master's degree as well as any other relevant graduate coursework.
- Successful completion of a graduate research course within the prior master's degree (or taken subsequently).
- One letter of recommendation from an individual in a leadership position representing the your current employer, which indicates support for the your participation in the program and verifies capacity for successful future leadership.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with your academic performance and/or work experience.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores.
Scores already on file at Lynchburg College are acceptable as are official copies of the scores submitted by applicants. If you do not have access to your official scores, you will need to retake the test.
- Evidence of strong writing skills as reflected in scores on the GRE writing sub-test and/or in selected samples of writing from previous graduate programs (e.g., major term paper, master's thesis), published work, and/or examples of professional work products related to job responsibilities.
For admitted cohort students, a $300 program deposit is required and will be refunded upon program completion.
Please submit the application and required components to:
Office of Enrollment Services
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501-3199
800.426.8101 or 434.544.8383