Sciences - 31 semester hours
- 4 semester hours of biology with lab*
- 8 semester hours of chemistry with lab*
- 8 semester hours of physics with lab (non-calculus based)*
- 4 semester hours of human anatomy with lab^
- 4 semester hours of human physiology with lab^
- 3 semester hours of advanced biology (includes histology, cell biology, micro-biology, exercise physiology; other courses which satisfy this requirement may be considered)
* = These courses should be equivalent to courses required in the science majors.
^ = Academic institutions offering human anatomy/physiology combination courses will suffice if both courses of sequence are completed; for example - four hours human anatomy/physiology I and four hours human anatomy/physiology II.
Psychology - 6 semester hours
Writing Intensive courses - 9 semester hours
Freshman composition and other writing intensive courses accepted.
Math - 6 semester hours
- Pre-calculus or above
- 3 semester hours of statistics
The DPT admissions committee will review applicants' courses/coursework older than seven years to determine eligibility and approval for meeting the prerequisite requirements. This will ensure that applicants with previous coursework have the necessary knowledge/skills to be successful in the DPT program.
For Lynchburg College students: Articulation Agreement Requirements