Applying to the DPT Program
The Lynchburg College DPT program now subscribes to PTCAS, the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, available through the American Physical Therapy Association.
All applicants must apply through the PTCAS website.
Applications for the DPT Class of 2017 will open July 1, 2013 and close Feb 1, 2014.
Lynchburg College DPT participates in the PTCAS Early Decision program, with decisions to candidates in September 2012. More information on the Early Decision program can be found at the PTCAS website.
- Baccalaureate degree (regionally/nationally accredited college/university)
- Official transcripts with all coursework
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA overall and 3.0 cumulative GPA when factoring only prerequisite science coursework
- GRE scores (official GRE scores to be sent to Enrollment Services, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg VA 24501) GRE Code: 7582
- Personal essay as described on PTCAS
- 40 hours of practical experience under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist with verification
- Two additional recommendation letters; one from a licensed physical therapist and the other from someone who can speak to your academic ability, like a college professor
Upon successful admission to the DPT program, all individuals are required to complete a background check prior to the start of classes
In addition to the admission requirements above, international applicants must submit official TOEFL scores.
Your TOEFL iBT score must be consistent with the standards established by the Foreign Credentialing Commission on Physical Therapy (FCCPT) as acceptable for physical therapists from a foreign country desiring to enter practice in the United States.
The minimum total score is 89, and the minimum score for the Speaking section is 26.