Reasonable accommodations do not negate requirements for successful completion of a program, course, service and/or activity; adherence to generally acceptable standards of behavior; the College's general and academic student rights and responsibilities; or adherence to faculty/staff directions and instructions.
In determining the College's ability to offer reasonable accommodation to you, each request for an accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Support Services Coordinator.
Factors to be examined include, among others:
- The academic and technical standards required for admission or participation in an education program or service.
- The purpose and nature of the program, course, and/or service.
- The precise education-related abilities and functional limitations of the student and how those limitations could be overcome with reasonable accommodation.
- The nature and cost of accommodation required in relation to the College's financial resources.
- The consequences of such an accommodation upon the operation and educational mission of the College, course, program, service and/or activity.
- Other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
Accommodations Not Considered Reasonable
The College is not required to provide accommodations if:
- The educational standards or mission of Lynchburg College would be substantially altered.
- The nature of the program, course, service and/or activity would be fundamentally altered.
- You are not otherwise qualified (with or without accommodations) to meet the academic and technical standards required for admission or participation in an education program, course, service and/or activity.
- The effects of your disability cannot be overcome even with reasonable accommodation.
- You would not be able to complete the program, course, service and/or activity, even with reasonable accommodation.
- The accommodation creates an undue financial or administrative hardship for the College.
- If you pose a direct threat to the health or safety of yourself or others.
If you require attendant care services you must make arrangements to provide for your own. The College does not assume the coordination or financial responsibilities for attendant care services.