The Lynchburg College Department of Physician Assistant Medicine embraces key commitments to achieving the department’s mission and program level outcomes. The goal is for all PA graduates to excel in this program and practice throughout the United States and internationally.
- Recruit and retain students from diverse backgrounds committed to the Physician Assistant Profession.
- Prepare students for practice as highly competent and professional Physician Assistants providing interprofessional compassionate, comprehensive, culturally sensitive and patient-centered care to diverse patient populations.
- Foster physician assistants who become healthcare leaders in their local and global healthcare communities.
- Develop students to become scholar-practitioners competent in medical and evidenced based research evaluation and development.
- Promote students to engage in lifelong, goal-focused and self-directed learning.