- Classes are welcome to visit the Daura Gallery at any time during an exhibition between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. The Gallery is closed to visitors while exhibitions are being installed and/or de-installed.
- Visits before 9 a.m. or after 4 p.m. should be requested one week in advance (call ext. 8349 or email email@example.com).
- Tours of specific exhibitions are provided upon request and as available. Tours are led by the Gallery’s graduate assistant. To schedule a tour, use contact info above one week in advance.
- Please inform students using the Gallery for an assignment of correct protocol: use pencils only; do not write against the walls or on any Plexiglas pedestals; leave backpacks at the coat rack.
- The Daura Gallery schedules exhibitions approximately one year in advance. All exhibitions for a specific academic year are confirmed prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
- Proposals for specific exhibitions or exhibition themes are accepted and reviewed by the Daura Gallery Advisory Committee. We are especially interested in proposals for exhibitions in conjunction with seminars, symposia or special events of any academic discipline, interdisciplinary, and other College-wide initiatives.
- Faculty interested in co-curating or otherwise participating in the research and development of an exhibition should contact Barbara Rothermel (ext. 8343, Rothermel@lynchburg.edu).
- The Daura Gallery should be used primarily for Gallery-related exhibitions, programming and special events, and should relate to or benefit from the Gallery's mission and/or its exhibitions. The Daura Gallery and the Dillard Lobby Gallery may also be used for College-related functions, as approved by the director. Check the Daura Gallery’s facility usage policy.
- In an ongoing effort to foster and support the experiences provided by exposure to art, the Daura Gallery has made available a limited number of works for loan to campus departments.
- Loans are available each fall semester for a one-year period; available work is displayed in the Dillard Lobby Gallery. Due to limited staff and a heavy workload, loans cannot be made at any other time. Notice of works available is sent to all faculty and staff via email.
- Loans are not available for personal use off-campus.
Questions or comments? Please contact Barbara Rothermel, Director of the Daura Gallery and Assistant Professor of Museum Studies, ext. 8343 or Rothermel@lynchburg.edu