Degrees and Certifications:
- BS in Psychology - Howard University, 1988
- BSN - Lynchburg College, 1996
- MSN - University of Phoenix, 2005
- I have known since High School that I had a love for teaching.
- After careers in Mental Health as a counselor and bedside nursing, I made the decision in 2008 to leave the bedside and officially become "a teacher."
- I say, "officially" because I consistently found myself in the role of preceptor and/or trainer while at the beside.
- My clinical expertise is cardiac nursing. I also have experience in long term care and medical/surgical nursing.
- Those experiences have proved invaluable as I work with students in the clinical setting. Other experiences include serving as the unit manager of a Coronary Care Unit.
- This first year at LC has been exciting.
- I have taught critical care nursing and am currently teaching health assessment.
- I serve on a couple of HSHP and Nursing Department committees and several Nursing Department task forces.
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing - held a variety of offices in local chapter, including President
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- In my free time, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, planting flowers, photography, and blessing others by sharing that with which I have been blessed.
- "Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." Martin Luther King, Jr.