Tulio Cedillo, MA
I have taught at the elementary school, middle school, high school, and university levels for 23 years:
- Lynchburg College 1999 - present
- Southside Virginia Community College 1996 – 1998
- South Lenoir High School, N.C. 1992-1993
- Instituto Guarajambala, (Middle School, Honduras) 1986 – 1991
- José Trinidad Reyes (Elementary School, Honduras) 1983 – 1985
Degrees and Certifications
- Further graduate studies in Spanish, Virginia Tech 2001-2003
- MA East Carolina University in N.C., 1995
- BA Universidad Pedagógica Nacional "Francisco Morazán" in Honduras, 1991
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Professor at Lynchburg College, The Sisters of Alpha Phi Omega, 2003
- Gamma Theta Upsilon International Society, East Carolina University, at Greenville, N.C.
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Tennessee at Martin, Tenn.
- Latin American culture
- Advanced Spanish grammar
- 2014: Review of Conéctate. McGraw Hill Higher Education. 2014.
- 2013: “Bajo las estrellas y sobre las montañas (Under the Stars and Over the Mountains),” Déjame que te cuente… Volumen II (Anthology Edited by Ana María González). Chiringa Press. Seguin, Texas 2013.
- 2011: “Crítica a Blanca Olmedo de Lucila Gamero de Medina.” Actas del X Congreso Internacional de Literatura Hispánica (Annual publication of the International Conference of Hispanic Literature). March 2011.
- 2000: I created a personal web page with the help of a workshop sponsored by the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges (VFIC). 2000.
- 1995: ”Ferricrete Formation in the North Carolina Coastal Plain,” (A joint article written by East Carolina University graduate students and a professor of Geography). Geo Umbruch. Berlin, Germany. 1995.
Custom Publishing Textbooks
- 2006: “Cuaderno Suplementario para las clases de español.” (Booklet of Spanish exercises written with other Lynchburg College Spanish professors). Vista Higher Learning. 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
- 2002: “Repaso de Gramática para Español 201.” (Written with Robert Harding, Elena Killian, Kern Lunsford, and Sharon D. Robinson). Pearson Custom Publishing. 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.
- 2001:“Spanish Review and Practice.” (A joint contribution of Lynchburg College Spanish professors). Harcourt College Publishers, 2001.
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Puerto Rico
- Forty-two states in the U.S.
- Elementary and Intermediate Spanish
- Native Spanish speaker: Born in Honduras
- Siblings: Ten
- Married: Four children, two boys and two girls
- Hobbies: Soccer, travel, sports in general
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- The Foreign Languages Association of Virginia (FLAVA)