Teresa Julian, MBA, CPA
- MBA, Lynchburg College, 1990
- CPA, Va. State Board of Accountancy, 1986
- BA in Accounting, Lynchburg College, 1983
Experience and Background
Ms. Julian has over 26 years experience in financial management and has worked for some of the area's most prominent institutions and organizations. She is a long-time member of the Lynchburg College community, earning her BA in Accounting and MBA from LC. She also worked for the College as the director of accounting early in her career.
She is a member of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accounants and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. She is a chairperson for the United Way Budget Committee, and served as capital accountant for the Lynchburg Academy of Fine Arts in 2006 and '07.
- Finance & Budget Manager, Campbell County Virginia, 2009 - present
- Senior Financial Analyst, Genworth Financial Life, Sales Division, 2008-2009
- Vice President of Finance, Beacon Credit Union, 2006-2008
- Director of Finance & Human Resources, Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest, 2000-2006
- Adjunct faculty, Lynchburg College, 1988-2006
Ms. Julian is a Lynchburg native. She is married to Carl Yates and has one son who is attending Hampden Sydney College. She is a certified Pilates instructor and teaches Pilates mat classes at the Jamerson YMCA. She also teaches at the Orthopedic Center of Central Virginia on Pilates equipment and takes personal clients in her fully-equipped home studio. She enjoys reading, running, and walking her dog Kissy.