Marilyn Bousquin, MFA
- Jan. 2012 - present, Adjunct Instructor of English, Lynchburg College
- May 2012 - present, Instructor of Writing, Writing Women's LivesTM
- 2007 - 2009, Group Writing Instructor, The Phenomenals, Lynchburg, VA
- Spring 2007, Instructor of Creative Writing, Bower Center for the Arts
Degrees & Certifications
- MFA, Creative Nonfiction - Ashland University, 2011
- MA, Children's Literature - Simmons College, 1996
- BA, English - George Mason University, 1988
- AWA (Amherst Writers and Artists) Group Writing Instructor, 2007
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Essay "The Bruise" to appear in River Teeth: A Journal of Nonfiction Narrative, April 2013.
- Contributor to Kate Hopper's Use Your Words: A Writing Guide for Mothers. Viva Editions, 2012.
- Review of Joanne S. Frye's Biting the Moon: A Memoir of Feminism and Motherhood. Literary Mama, October 17, 2012.
- "The Syntax of Motherhood: A Review of Bring Down the Little Birds." Literary Mama, April 14, 2012.
- Virginia Durr: Voice for Freedom. Zaner-Bloser, 2007.
- Female Aviators: From Harriet Quimby to Eileen Collins. Zaner-Bloser, 2008.
- The Amish. Zaner-Bloser, 2011.
- AWP Conference, Chicago, 2012. Panel Presentation: "Setting Limits: Balancing Paid Writing and Creative Writing."
- Creative Nonfiction
- The Lyric Essay
- Women's Literary History
- Women's Personal Narratives
- The Intersection of Personal and Cultural Narratives
- Memoir as Cultural and Historical Document
- Imagination in Personal Narrative
- Writing as an Act of Consciousness and Self-Discovery
- River Teeth Conference, Creative Nonfiction, Ashland, OH, May 2012
- AWP Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, Feb. 2012
- In Praise of the Essay: Practice & Form, Welcome Table Press, NY, Oct. 2011
- AWP Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., Feb. 2011
- Nonfiction Now, University of Iowa, IA, Nov. 2010
- Conversations & Connections, Johns Hopkins University, Washington, D.C., April 2009
- If We Are Sisters: Black & White Women Write Across Race, Amherst Writers and Artists, MA, July 2007
Awards & Distinctions
- Founder, Writing Women's LivesTM, 2012
- Manuscript Submissions Reader, River Teeth: A Journal of Nonfiction Narrative, Ashland University, 2009 - present
- YWCA Board of Directors, Lynchburg, VA, 2005 - 2007
- Judge, Children's Poetry Contest, The Children's Bookshop, Brookline, MA, 2000
- Association of Educational Publishers Distinguished Achievement Award, The Horn Book Magazine, Boston, Ma, 1999
- Graduate Commencement Speaker, Simmons College, Boston, MA, 1996