Glenda Cash, MA
Degrees and Certifications
- BA, East Carolina University, French, 1962
- MA, University of Virginia, French, 1970
- Graduate courses in French at University of Grenoble, France, and Duke University
- Graduate courses and training in instructional technology
- French courses at University of Avignon, France 2010
In addition to teaching at Lynchburg College, I have taught elementary and intermediate French at Central Virginia Community College, Randolph-Macon College and beginning through Advanced Placement French language and literature on the high school level.
I served on the committee to write the current Virginia Standards of Learning for Foreign Languages and developed and taught a course in French for customer service staff at J Crew for CVCC. I have done translations for local industries and most recently for the Ota Benga Conference. As interpreter for a Haitian defendant, I helped the defense counsel prepare for the trial and during proceedings in U.S. District Court.
18th- and 20th-century French literature
Thomas Jefferson in France and the influence of his interest in French culture and language on his philosophy and personal taste.
- Culture and Civilization: History of France
- French Film
- Elementary, Intermediate French
- Advanced Language Practice
- Cooking for family and friends
- Traveling in Europe
- Pilates and yoga
- Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest
- Book group