Daniel Murphy, MJA
- 2011 - present: Instructor, Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2010 - 2011: Adjunct Instructor, Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2007 - 2011: Security Officer, Lynchburg General Hospital, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2008 - 2011: Adjunct Professor, Central Virginia Community College, Lynchburg, Va.
- 2006 - 2007: Adjunct Professor, Hesser College, Manchester, N.H.
- 2005 - 2007: Campus Monitor, Pinkerton Academy, Derry, N.H.
- 1999 - 2005: Police Officer-Sergeant, Londonderry Police Department, Londonderry, N.H.
- 1992 - 1999: Police Officer-Detective Juvenile Officer, Londonderry Police Department, Londonderry, N.H.
- 1986 - 1992: Police Officer-Patrol Officer, Londonderry Police Department, Londonderry, N.H.
- 1984 - 1986: Police Officer, University of Massachusetts Police, Amherst, Mass.
- 1983: Police Officer, Pelham Police Department, Pelham, N.H.
- 1980 - 1986: Military Police/Communications
Degrees and Certifications
- 2006: MJA, Justice Administration, Norwich University, Norwich, Vt.
- 1982: BA, Criminal Justice, Westfield State College, Westfield, Mass.
- Comparative Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Process
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Juvenile Justice
- Law Enforcement and the Community
Honors and Awards
- 2004 - Officer of the Year
- 2002 - Honorable Service
- 2000 - Exemplary Service - Rockingham County Attorney Office for dedication to victims of crime
- 1997 - Honorable Service
- 1997 - Roger Fossum Award (only police officer nominated in the State of New Hampshire for dedication toward child abuse victims)
- 1994 - Officer of the Year
- The Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- American Society of Criminology
Mr. Murphy loves spending time with his family. He enjoys going to the beach, watching football (he's a big Patriots fan!), and has kept tropical fish almost his entire life.
The topic of his Thesis is "Why does it appear that pedophiles keep getting away with their crimes?"