Carlos Gorostiaga, MA
- MA, Education, Lynchburg College, 1976-1977
- BA, Spanish-Philosophy, Lynchburg College, 1966-1970
Experience and Background
- Fall 2011 - present - Spanish Instructor, Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Va.
- 1986 - spring 2010: Adjunct Spanish Instructor, Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Va.
- 1986-2010: Spanish Teacher, E.C. Glass H.S., Lynchburg, Va.
- 1983: Spanish Instructor, Central Virginia Community College, Lynchburg, Va.
- 1982-1986: Spanish and History Teacher/Head Soccer Coach, Liberty High School, Bedford, Va.
- 1977-1982: Director "Raza Project" for the Information Center for Handicapped Individuals (ICHI), Washington, DC
- 1977-1981: Spanish Teacher, E. C. Glass H.S., Lynchburg, Va.
- 1973-1976: Translator and Consular Assistant, American Embassy, Asunción, Paraguay
- 1972-1976: ESL Teacher, Cultural Center Paraguay-America, Asunción, Paraguay
Honors and Awards
- All-State, All-South, All NAIA and All-Dixie in soccer
- Honored by Who's Who Among College Athletes of America
- Honored by Who's Who Among Americans Teacher in 2002
- Elected into the Sports Hall of Fame at Lynchburg College in 1988
- Elected as member of the Honor Court
- Chosen as one of the Outstanding Young Men of America in 1983
- Honorary Citizen of La Mesa, Texas, in 1967, for my work with children of migrant workers
Professor Gorostiaga's interests are chess, reading, movies, dancing, soccer, and other sports. Language he speaks include Spanish, English, Guarani, and an Indian language from Paraguay.