Bruce Mayer, PhD
- Visit Dr. Mayer's personal page for his curriculum vitae and course information
- 1993-present: Professor of French, Lynchburg College
- 1992-1997: Chair, Department of Foreign Languages and Literature, Lynchburg College
- 1988-1993: Associate Professor of French, Lynchburg College
- 1984-1988: Assistant Professor of French, Lynchburg College
- 1982-1984: Assistant Professor of French and Italian, Tulane University
- 1976-1982: Member of Foreign Language Department, Williston-Northhampton School
- Director Intersession Program in Paris 1976-1982
- 1974-1975: Assistant de Langue vivante, Lycée Charlemagne, Paris
- 1970-1971: Lycée Carnot, Paris
- 1972-1974: Teaching Assistant, University of Texas at Austin
- French Literature of the 18th Century
- French Political History
- Italian Language
Honors and Awards
- N.D.E.A. TITLE IV Fellowship, University of Texas, 1968-1972
- Rotary International Fellowship to France, 1975-1976
- N.E.H. Summer Seminar, "The Imaginary Voyage in 18th Century French Literature," Georges MAY, Yale University, 1989
- Recipient of Mednick Memorial Fellowship, Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges, 1992
- Recipient of C.I.B.E.R. Fellowship to CIEL de Strasbourg France, granted by The Ministry of Education and French, San Diego State University, 1994
- "Machiavelli's Promise to the Citizen: Political Freedom?", in Machiavelli Studies, Volume I, 1987, pp. 25-42.
- "The Strategy of Rehabilitation: Pierre Bayle on Machiavelli," in Studi Francesi, Anno 33, No, 98, #2 May-August, 1989, pp. 203-217.
- "L'Ulysse de Fénelon: Le Héros qui brille par son absence," in Fénelon: Mystique et Politique 1699 - 1999, Actes du Colloque International de Strasbourg pour le troisième centenaire de la publication du Télémaque et de la condamnation des Maximes des Saints,Publiés par F.-X. Cuche et J. Le Brun, Paris: Honoré Champion Editeur, 2004, pp. 343-357.
- Bibliography Compiled for Machiavelli Studies, Vols. I, II, & III pp. 173-191, 1987-1990.
- "Foreward," in Le Journal Historique, Politique, Critique et Galant (1719) by Justus Van EFFEN, A Critical Edition, by James L. Schorr, The Edwin Mellen Press, Lewiston/Queenston/Lampeter, 2008, pp. v-viii.
- REVIEW: 1. Christopher Lasch. "The True and Only Heaven: Progress and its Critics," in Utopian Studies, Volume 4, No 1, 1993, pp. 156-159.