Ann Noonan, PT, EdD
- EdD in Administration of Higher Education, Northeastern University, 1989
- MEd in Rehabilitation Administration, Northeastern University, 1980
- BS in Physical Therapy, University of Connecticut, 1970
- Florida physical therapy license
- Virginia physical therapy license in progress
- Certified Trainer, American Physical Therapy Clinical Instructor Education Credentialing Program
Experience and Background
- Associate Professor and Student Success Coordinator, Lynchburg College, 2012-present
- Associate Professor and Program Director, University of North Florida, 2007-2011
- Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education, University of North Florida, 2006-2009
- Associate Professor, Northeastern University, 1989-2006
- Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education, 1999-2006
- Associate Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy, 1994-1999
- Department of Cooperative Education, 1989-1994
- Assistant Professor, Department of Cooperative Education, Northeastern University, 1985-1989
- Director of Rehabilitation Services, Milton Hospital, Milton, Mass., 1970-1973
Teaching and Research Interests
Current courses taught
- DPT 823, Integrated Case Application Lab - Level II
- DPT 817, Psychosocial Aspects of Rehabilitation
- DPT 918, Client and Peer Teaching
- DPT 927, Administration in Physical Therapy
Livingston, B. Lundy, M., Noonan, AC., Smith, AR, & Harrington, S. Team Based Learning Approach to Teaching Anatomy in a Physical Therapy Program. Resubmitted following revisions, June 2012.
Noonan, A.C., & Buckley, B. A Model to Facilitate the Development of Professional Behaviors in Athletic Training Students. Under revision.
Musolino, G., Gray, D., vanDuijn, J., Eargle, L., & Noonan, AC. Reasons Identified for Seeking the APTA Clinical Instructor Education and Credentialing Program (CIECP) in FL. Preparing paper for submission to the Journal of Allied Health.
Selected Publications and Conference Presentations
Musolino, G., Gray, D., vanDuijn, J., Eargle, L., & Noonan, AC. In process. Reasons Identified for Seeking the APTA Clinical Instructor Education and Credentialing Program (CIECP) in FL. Preparing paper for submission to the Journal of Allied Health.
Noonan, A.C., Lundy, M., Smith, A.R. & Livingston, B. A Successful model for improving student retention in physical therapist education programs: A case report. Journal of Physical Therapy Education, Spring, 2012, Volume 26, Number 2 p. 74-80.
Drench, M.E., Noonan, A.C., Sharby, S., & Ventura, S.H. Psychosocial aspects of health care. New Jersey: Prentice Hall 3rd Edition, 2012.
Peer-reviewed scientific and professional presentations
Musolino, G., Gray, D., vanDuijn, J., Eargle, L., & Noonan, AC. Reasons Identified for Seeking the APTA Clinical Instructor Education and Credentialing Program (CIECP) in FL. American Physical Therapy Association Annual Meeting and Expo, Tampa, FL, June, 2012. (Poster)
"Moving Forward for the DPT Clinical Education," American Physical Therapy Association National Meeting, June 2010, Boston, MA, Musolino, G. & Noonan, A.C
W. Allen Moore, Ann Noonan. Practice What You Preach. VPTA Conference, Roanoke, VA, October 14-16, 2011. (Poster)
Lundy, M., & Noonan, A.C. The Virtual Clinical Education Office, Journal of the American Physical Therapy Association, June 2010.
Moore, W. A., & Noonan, A.C. Practice What You Preach, Journal of the American Physical Therapy Association, June 2010.
Moore, A. M., Rine, R. M., & Noonan, A.C. Enhancement of Science Curricula for the Preparations of Physical Therapists, Journal of the American Physical Therapy Association, June 2008.
Honors, Awards, and Grants
University of North Florida Center for Community-Based Learning. (2010) Participation in Sports and Recreational Activities for Persons with Physical Disabilities: A Pilot Study to Initiate Community Based Engagement Between University of North Florida Graduate Physical Therapy Students and Participants in the Brooks Adaptive Sports and Recreation Program. K. Balasubramanian, C., Noonan, AC., Welch-Rawls, D., Smith, AR., Saracino, D., & Krauss, A. Funded, $10,000.00.
APTA Education Section: New Member Scholarship Partner Grant. (2010) Strengthening the Partnership between Academic and Clinical Faculty at the University of North Florida: Assessing and Meeting Clinical Faculty Needs. Noonan, AC. & Welch-Rawls, D. Not funded.
Dr. Noonan was born and raised in Boston, a city she loves. She is married and has two adult daughters who still live in the Boston area.