The ABCs of Dementia Behavior Management
The ABCs of Dementia Behavior Management: Where Fall is a Four Letter Word
Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Check-in: 8 to 8:30 a.m., Schewel Hall
Sponsored by the Lynchburg College Health Training Consortium.
- Stephen Anderson, Pharm D, Geriatric Consultant Pharmacist with Omnicare, Inc.
- Lee Ann Eagler, PT, DPT, GCS, assistant professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, Lynchburg College
- Bruce Gerlich, RPh, geriatric consultant pharmacist, Omnicare, Inc.
- Debbie McCormick, RN, director of nursing, Centra Health Summit Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nancy Overstreet, DNP, GNP-BC, CWOCN, nurse practitioner, Medical Associates of Central Virginia; assistant professor of nursing, LC
Join us as we learn how to better:
- Recognize factors which may precipitate problematic behaviors in the dementia patient
- Examine appropriate use of anti-psychotic medications
- Integrate balance assessment and fall prevention into daily nursing care
- Apply an interdisciplinary approach to fall risk assessment and intervention
Registration Deadline: February 19, 2013
Fees: $45 for Consortium on Aging members; $50 non-members; $10 for students
Contact Hours & Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance verifying 3 contact hours. Free Lynchburg College CEUs are available. This activity has also been submitted to the Virginia Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Virginia Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers Commission on Accreditation. Students registered are ineligible for CEUs.