New Internship Announcements
- Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce Internship Program 2013-14
- Nonprofit Marketing/Development internship at the Lynchburg Daily Bread
- Summer 2013 internships for marketing and special events at Amazement Square in Lynchburg. (Posted 4/29/13.)
- 2013 summer and fall internships at Thriveworks - a counseling company based out of Boston, with corporate offices in Forest, VA and counseling offices in Atlanta, Westborough MA, Cambridge, and Philadelphia. Work is available in web content, videography, social media, and online marketing. Contact Eli Overbey. Thriveworks.com (Posted 4/17/13.)
- Lynchburg Parks and Recreation has a summer 2013 position available for a Communications and Marketing Intern (PDF). The ideal candidate is someone who has an interest in Lynchburg’s parks, trails, or recreation activities. Candidates should have an understanding of basic marketing practices, should be proficient in social media, and be willing to work hard as part of a team. Dates negotiable.
- Genworth has an internship for a customer service representative that begins in May 2013.
- Society of Research Administrators International - unpaid internship available for a Meeting Intern who will work on national and regional meetings. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Gauvin, meeting planner, at email@example.com. Duties may include planning, writing and designing marketing materials, responding to questions, assisting exhibitors, making hotel event orders, and shipping materials for the meetings. Internship is in Falls Church, Va. Main website: Society of Research Administrators International
- Retail Merchants Association of Lynchburg is seeking interns to assist with event planning, social media, business networking, data entry, and online research. Contact Laurie Gulluscio, marketing director, at Laurie@Lynchburg RMA.com for details.
- CASA of Central Virginia - Internship opportunity as marketing specialist for winter, spring, and summer. Position will be unpaid. Duties: Complete tasks and projects aimed at enhancing CASAs marketing and fundraising efforts. Develop an account with eBay and sell new, brand-name shoes online. Do product research aimed at securing in-kind donations of products aimed at women (shoes, purses, accessories, cosmetics). Help to redesign an annual ladies-night-out fundraising event. Effectively use social medial to promote event and sales. Contact Jane Francis, executive director, P.O. Box 11373, Lynchburg, VA 24506; 434.528.2552; fax 434.528.2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.