Summer Nature Day Camp
For children entering grades 1-6. Camp is 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. each day.
June 16 - 20
We will explore a variety of habitats and investigate who lives in them. Where do animals go to find food, shelter, water, and space?
Registration for Habitat Safari Camp, June 16-20, is now closed.
How Do You Do That? Amazing Animal Adaptations
June 23 - 27
Learn all about the wild world of animal adaptations while visiting forest, river, wetland, and grassland habitats.
Before May 1: $150 for one session or $250 for both sessions
After May 1: $175 for one session or $300 for both sessions
Required Forms for Registration:
- Claytor Nature Camp Registration Form (PDF)
- Health History and Parent/Guardian's Consent Agreement Form (PDF)
- Release and Covenant Not to Sue Form (PDF)
- Written Medication Consent Form
Complete the 4 forms listed above and return with your registration fee. We will send you a confirmation packet with more detailed information.
- Please inquire with Education Coordinator Dan Cohen about Financial Aid opportunities.
- No refunds will be given for days missed.
- Mailed registration forms DO NOT guarantee a space until confirmed by our staff.
- Please contact the Education Coordinator if you have questions or need help completing the forms.
Refunds will be given for written cancellations received at least 2 weeks prior to the starting date of your session. If cancellation is received less than 2 weeks prior to the starting date of your session, no refund will be given.
Questions? Contact Dan Cohen, Education Coordinator, at email@example.com or 540.587.4061.
Week Long Camp Schedule
Below is an example of a typical day at camp:
|8:50 - 9 a.m.||Parents drop off children at the Claytor Center Picnic Pavilion (North Entrance)|
|9 a.m.||Welcome, opening circle, and overview of day|
|9:20 a.m.||Camp chores|
|9:35 a.m.||Hands-on nature activities, lessons, and games|
|10:30 a.m.||Snack break|
|10:45 a.m.||Hands-on nature activities, lessons, and games|
|11:30 a.m.||Lunch at the picnic pavilion or on the trail|
|12 p.m.||Story time|
|12:30 p.m.||Hands-on nature activities, lessons, and games|
|1:30 p.m.||Water break|
|1:45 p.m.||Hands-on nature activities, lessons, and games|
|2:30 p.m.||Closing activities and closing circle|
|3 p.m.||Camper pick-up|