Educational services we offer include research and educational opportunities for students, citizens, and developers; and providing governmental leaders with watershed scientific based proposals, information, and data.
The primary focus is to increase awareness and involvement by providing tools, materials, and educational programs for stakeholders and citizens to learn more about:
- the current state of the area's environmental quality,
- how our activities impact environmental quality,
- the challenges that our communities are facing during rapid growth, and
- the future of our natural resources.
The educational services provided by the Center are designed to complement and work in partnership with programs offered by other organizations such as the Claytor Nature Study Center, the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, the Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts, Virginia Naturally, and others.
The Center also develops printed and electronic outreach materials with links to related web sites, educational materials, and notifications for area programs.
Educational Services Offered
- Guest Speakers
- Outreach Programs
- Networking/ Referral Services
- Data Management
- Curriculum Resources
- Videos/Slide Shows
- Dissemination of Information