Textbooks & Course Materials
How to Buy Textbooks for Class
To see the materials needed for your classes, you must be registered for classes and if you are a new student, you must have attended SOAR.
- Log in to mylc.lynchburg.edu with your LC network username and password.
- Click Buy Textbooks on the left menu bar. Select the semester of textbooks you would like to see and/or purchase.
- You will see your course schedule and corresponding textbook information whether it is required, whether new and used are available, and the cost and quantity in stock. Caution: items listed are subject to change.
- If you would like to purchase, indicate the quantity and add to cart.
- At check-out, read the terms of agreement at the bottom of the page first, then return by pressing the back browser key and complete all information. The address should be the billing address. You will receive an order confirmation at the email address you provide.
- If you did not see a used book available, note in the instruction box that you would like to purchase used textbooks as available. The Campus Store will substitute and charge the used price as available (the Campus Store may receive used books after you have placed your order). Please note if there are any books that you would prefer to purchase new.
Why Buy from the Campus Store?
Any changes by the professor will be easily handled for you, including refunds and exchanges.
If you change sections, your books will change. The Campus Store can easily refund and exchange books.
You don't have to worry about purchasing the wrong edition or receiving your books in time for class.
You are supporting the College; all funds return to the College to pay for academic, athletic, and organizational groups.
current page edits: remove the following from this page: Get Your Books Bring your class schedule or online printout with you to the store and we can help you pick up your books. You can also order online using the above instructions and pick them up when you return to campus. Course materials are in alphabetical order by course abbreviation (example ENGL), then numeric order by course number (example 111) and then alpha by section letter. Staff in the bookstore is available for assistance. A week prior to classes starting, "expected arrival date" shelf tags are updated to give the estimated delivery date of the textbook/course material. They may come in earlier so keep checking the shelf. Course materials will appear on the shelf before they appear in stock online. replace with: Textbook Rental Option: Textbook rentals are done online with our rental partner and require a credit card. Be sure to check our used book prices as some are cheaper than the rental price of a new book. Be sure you ship back the book at the end of the semester or you will be charged the full price for the textbook. Click below to transfer to our rental partner's site. Add under Textbook Buy Back: If you sell books you purchased from the Campus Store, you will be given more $$ when you sell and you will be given a chance to free books. This is our way of thanking you for buying at the Campus Store and supporting the College.
Textbook Rental Option
Textbook rentals are done online with our rental partner and require a credit card. Be sure to check our used book prices as some are cheaper than the rental price of a new book. Be sure you ship back the book at the end of the semester or you will be charged the full price for the textbook.
Used books are placed above the shelf tag for the course along with the new books. If the book is available in the used book market and the instructor has approved the use of used books in his/her course, we do our best to have these available.
When to Buy
It is recommended that you go to class first to learn exactly what the professor wants you to purchase. However, entry -level 101 courses are fairly standard and the supply of used books available tends to sell out quickly.
Please bring your I.D. or class schedule. You may purchase course materials in the Campus Store two weeks prior to classes starting. You may place your order online at any time. Just make sure you don't purchase books that are used for a continuation class; you may already have these.
If you plan to shop around, do not place an online order because refunds are only available if you drop the class.
Professors do change their minds regarding course materials; in order to get a full refund, do not take the plastic wrap off your books until you go to class.
A copy of the refund policy will be attached to your sales receipt at the time of purchase. Your sales receipt is required for a refund.
Refunds are made in the manner purchased. New course materials must be unmarked and in original shrink-wrap. Used books have an earlier refund deadline (first week of class) than the new books refund deadline (third week of class).
Sell Your Books Back for Cash
You may sell your used books back during the special buy-back events at the end and beginning of each semester.
If you sell books you purchased from the Campus Store, you will be given more $$ when you sell and you will be given a chance to free books. This is our way of thanking you for buying at the Campus Store and supporting the College.