Student Gerontology Award 2013
Heritage Green Assisted Living Gerontology Award
This annual award goes to a Lynchburg College student whose achievements exemplify Heritage Green's commitment toward a greater understanding of aging and the involvement of college students in gerontology.
- To recognize an LC student who has done outstanding work in the field of gerontology
- To promote research, classroom activities, community service, service learning and field work involving the aging population
Any Lynchburg College student is eligible if he/she meets all 3 of the following requirements:
- He/she has participated in at least 3 activities with older adults (Memory Walk, Food Drive, Bonner Leader Program, off-campus activity, etc.) or has at least 8 community service/volunteer hours working with older adults or has conducted a research project directly with older adults
- He/she has completed these eligibility requirements during the Summer 2012, Fall 2012, and/or Spring 2013 semesters
- He/she has at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Faculty, staff, or a student can initiate the nomination process.
If a student initiates the process, he/she must also have a recommendation from a faculty, staff, advisor, or program site supervisor - the person who is most knowledgeable of his/her work.
Every nomination must include:
- Student's information form A (PDF) and
- Recommendation form B (PDF) or
- Recommendation form C (PDF) completed by the site supervisor if the project included service learning, field work, or volunteering
The deadline for award nominations and applications is Monday, January 28, 2013 at 5 p.m.
A committee comprised of Lynchburg College faculty and staff, as well as representatives from Heritage Green will select the winner.
$250 and a certificate of recognition.
Announcement of Winner:
The winner will be announced at the Academic Awards Banquet on April 19, 2013.
This award is provided by an endowment from Heritage Green Assisted Living Communities located in Forest, Va. Previous winners include:
2006 Ashleigh Cambareri & Adrienne Leadon
2007 Katelyn Cole & Courtney Lightfoot
2008 Randi Lawson
2009 Robert McGrath
2010 Charlotte Arbogast
2011 Samantha Swanson
2012 Jessica Crews
Please call the Beard Center on Aging at 434.544.8456 if you have any questions or need additional information.