Health Training Consortium
Upcoming Workshop Spring 2013
The ABCs of Dementia Behavior Management: Where Fall is a Four Letter Word
Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Check-in: 8 to 8:30 a.m., Schewel Hall
Sponsored by the Lynchburg College Health Training Consortium.
- Stephen Anderson, Pharm D, Geriatric Consultant Pharmacist with Omnicare, Inc.
- Lee Ann Eagler, PT, DPT, GCS, assistant professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, Lynchburg College
- Bruce Gerlich, RPh, geriatric consultant pharmacist, Omnicare, Inc.
- Debbie McCormick, RN, director of nursing, Centra Health Summit Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nancy Overstreet, DNP, GNP-BC, CWOCN, nurse practitioner, Medical Associates of Central Virginia; assistant professor of nursing, LC
Join us as we learn how to better:
- Recognize factors which may precipitate problematic behaviors in the dementia patient
- Examine appropriate use of anti-psychotic medications
- Integrate balance assessment and fall prevention into daily nursing care
- Apply an interdisciplinary approach to fall risk assessment and intervention
Registration Deadline: February 19, 2013
Fees: $45 for Consortium on Aging members; $50 non-members; $10 for students
Contact Hours & Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
To encourage sustainability, handouts will not be distributed on the day of the event. See presentation materials below:
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance verifying 3 contact hours. Free Lynchburg College CEUs are available. Students registered are ineligible for CEUs.