Alzheimer's & Dementia Care Seminar - NCCDP
Friday, Mar. 7, 2014
Riverside Doctors Hospital
1500 Commonwealth Ave.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Registration 8-8:30 a.m.
Required "live" seminar for those pursuing certification as a CDP and who qualify to be a CDP, or just come for the education.
Included is a 3-ring binder handout. A CDP application will be provided to you in class. You will have 30 days to submit your application to NCCDP for consideration for CDP certification, if you qualify.
Denise Scruggs, CDP, ADC, MS, MA, Director, Beard Center on Aging
- Overview of dementia, including diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment
- Feelings and depression, aggressive behaviors, catastrophic reactions
- Difficulties like repetitive behaviors, paranoia, hallucinations, wandering, and hoarding
- Intimacy issues and sexuality
- Personal care: bathing, dressing, toileting, nutrition
- Pain management
- Staff and family support, environment, activities
- Diversity and cultural competence
- Spiritual care; end of life issues
Cost: $185 ($150 for Consortium on Aging members); discount for 3 or more.
Lunch on your own.
Special Notes about June 4 seminar cost:
For Consortium on Aging Conference attendees: $100
Post Session For Conference on Aging attendees: $150
Post Session: NCCDP Alzheimer's & Dementia class ONLY for no-conference attendees: $185
Sponsored by the Beard Center on Aging at Lynchburg College.