It’s all about participation – each year nine classes celebrate their reunion by making gifts to the College. Reunion class gifts range in size and every gift truly matters. When added together, these transformative gifts have an immediate impact for our students, helping them to discover, connect, and achieve great things around the globe.
Reunions are a time to reconnect – with classmates, with professors, and with Lynchburg College. Before you come back, please take this opportunity to give back.
Total donors 5th-45th reunions: 306
Total dollars 5th-45th reunions: $149,096
Totals as of Sept. 1, 2015
We have reached 76% of our goal!
Gifts by Class Year
Your gift not only counts towards your class gift participation, but overall alumni participation as well…
- Alumni participation is one of the key measures that various surveys such as US News & World Report considers when ranking colleges and universities. Your gift can help LC continue to climb in the rankings and is an investment in the value of your own degree.
- When added together, small gifts do big things. In the 2015 academic year, more than 3,100 alumni donors supported LC – many gifts were under $100. Together, these gifts helped the College provide student scholarships, library and technology enhancements, career development programs, resources for athletics and much more.
- Your gift has the power to help LC raise even more. Many corporations and foundations use alumni participation as a determining factor in deciding whether or not to fund grant requests. Additionally, strong alumni participation attracts the support of larger donors who like to invest in success.
What gifts count towards the class gift?
- All of them! Any gift made to any funds between Homecoming 2014 and Homecoming 2015 count toward your class gift.
- Reunion gifts may be paid in installments. The College will send a pledge reminder if an alum indicates this on his/her pledge card. All funds must be received by Reunion to be recognized with the Class Gift at Reunion.
- If you work for a matching gift company, you may be able to multiply the impact of your class gift! All gifts from matching gift companies will count towards your class gift total. Read information about matching gifts.
For more information, or to make your gift by phone, please contact Amy Jacobs, Assistant Director of the Annual Fund, at or 434.544.8752.