Working With Your Advisor
Your advisor has access to your academic summaries, class schedules, and grade reports through MyLC.
The following guidelines can help you get the most out of working with your advisor:
- Make and keep appointments; call if you must change or cancel.
- Arrive with specific questions in mind.
- Bring necessary materials (course offering lists, drop/add forms, etc.)
- Be open and honest about study habits, academic progress, etc.
- Make choices concerning careers, choice of major, and course selection.
- Acquaint yourself with policies and regulations in the catalog and Hornet.
Your Advisor Should:
- Inform you of office hours, phone and email contact information. Keep appointments or call or email to change or cancel.
- Provide accurate, specific information or refer to someone who can.
- Listen and help set goals and priorities.
- Suggest options concerning careers, choice of major, and course selection.
- Interpret policies when you have questions or refer you to someone who can.