SOAR helps you get ready to start college. It’s also a lot of fun!
SOAR 2015 dates
June 22-23, June 25-26, and June 29-30
Update: all SOAR sessions are full at this time. For more information, please contact the Office of First-Year Programs at .
Note: If you have a conflict that will prevent you from attending SOAR, it is important that you contact our office at as soon as possible.
At SOAR, you will:
- Meet your Connection Leader (an upper-class student who will work with you throughout fall semester) and your academic advisor
- Get your class schedule
- Make new friends – maybe even find a roommate!
- Learn about important LC student services
You can choose to attend one of four SOAR sessions. For more information about reserving your place at SOAR, please visit the First-Year Student Checklist.
Packing list for your overnight experience:
- Change of clothes
- Personal toiletries
- Don’t worry about your towels. We provide them for you!
- Pillow and blanket. We provide the sheets, but you might want an extra blanket and pillow.
- Bookbag and writing utensils. You’ll receive lots of great information, but you will want to take notes!
For Parents & Family
We encourage you to attend SOAR, as there is programming especially for parents and guests.
You will meet college officials, learn about campus services, and understand more about the Lynchburg College community. Connection Leaders can share with you how best to help your student be successful at LC.
Unfortunately, parents cannot stay on campus.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact SOAR Staff at 434.544.8339 or .