Many organizations provide scholarships to college-bound students. The organizations on this page are not connected with Lynchburg College in any way; however, if you are chosen to receive one of these scholarships, it will be added to your financial aid.
- General Lifeshield-Smart Home Scholarship Program
- Abbott and Fenner Business Consultants. Awards up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year. Application process: Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the Abbott and Fenner scholarship page.
- US Bank Internet Scholarship Program
- Central Scholarship Bureau
- “Words I Seek Internet Marketing Scholarship”: A creative and challenging $1000 Internet marketing – content creation scholarship, presently available for students undertaking majors in areas of Business Marketing, Commerce, Information Communication Technology and Networking. Here is a brief list of our requirements: Personal Details of applicant (First & Last name, Phone, and Address), name of participant’s school or institution, area of study or major of participant, proof document – that signifies applicant is legitimate student of an institution.
- Bedford Community Health Foundation – Website application
- The David W. and Sandra L.R. Boyes Health Professional Education Scholarship – Offered by the Bedford County Community Health Foundation – Website application
- Nursing Track
- The Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association
- The Army Nurse Corps Association
- Health Focus of Southwest Virginia
- Mary Marshall Nursing Scholarship Program for Registered Nurses
- Halifax Regional Hospital: Project Prime Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Campus RN Scholarship Program
- Giva Semi-Annual Student Scholarship Award
- Education Matters Scholarship
- AAUW’s 2016 Scholarship (For Lynchburg Virginia please obtain paper copy from Finanical Aid Office)
- Education-Portal: for Computer related majors
- Big Sun Athletic Scholarship
- Phillips University Legacy Foundation
- National Physical Science Consortium
- US Bank Internet Scholarship Program
Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Central Scholarship Bureau
For Maryland residents.
- The BHD Endowed Scholarships for Teachers: Renewable scholarships of up to $5,000 per year for graduate students in education. Students must have received their undergraduate degree in some other field than education.*
- The Kassap Family Scholarships for Teachers: Renewable scholarships of up to $5,000 per year for graduate students in education.*
- The Marjorie Cook Foundation Scholars Grants: Grants of up to $5,000 to women with a passion for and commitment to women’s rights and equality, who are pursuing degrees in law or public policy.
- The Charles Crane Family Foundation Grants for Jewish Studies: Grants of up to $5,000 to undergraduate or graduate students pursuing Judaic studies at accredited institutions in the U.S. or Israel.
- The Rubin Scholarships for Women: Scholarships of up to $2,500 available for women pursuing any type of post-secondary study.
- Varsity Tutors Scholarship Contest – www.varsitytutors.com/college-scholarship
- The Scholarship Department at CenturyLinkDeals.com has launched a new $1,500 scholarship. This opportunity is open to enrolled college students and asks applicants to submit a 500-800 word blog post answering the following question: “How have you found creative ways to use technology throughout your college education? Do you think these methods can help others learn and succeed as well?”
- Spokeo Connections Scholarship
- Goedecker’s College Scholarship: Available to all students (undergraduate and graduate) and available to all fields of study. www.goedekers.com/college-scholarship
- B. Davis Scholarship: The creators of the Student Award Search Aid website are renewing the scholarship for 2017. Please visit www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships to read about us and to apply for the scholarship. While you’re there, please browse through the rest of the site to learn more about applying for scholarships.
- Hartford Technology Rental
- Scholarships for School
- College Board
- Going to College
- Degree Directory degreedirectory.org/pages/scholarship_home.htmlN
- Disciples of Christ Students
As a Disciples of Christ student you have special scholarship opportunities. Two groups offer scholarships through the denomination, Higher Education and Leadership Ministries (HELM), and Phillips Scholars. Information about becoming a HELM fellow can be found at www.helmdisciples.org.
- Women Leaders Scholarship
The contest will require you to create a short video and tell us what inspires you to grow and join the ranks of tomorrow’s #womenleaders. In your video, please be clear and concise in expressing your passion for becoming one of tomorrow’s #womenleaders! The winner will be judged on sincerity of their passion, drive to make a difference and intelligence in conveying their vision.The scholarship is for $2,500, and applicants must email in their application before December 1, 2016. The winner announcement date is December 15, 2016 .
Student Scholarship Details: http://www.plumfund.com/women-leaders-scholarship
Submit your scholarship application to:
“John C. Flood” is a group of trained professionals providing plumbing, heating, cooling and electric services throughout Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. John C. Flood is currently offering a $1,000 scholarship opportunity that may be suitable for your students and we were hoping you would be able to share it with them. You can find more details on the following page: John C. Flood – Scholarship.
The goal of the scholarship is to increase awareness of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the large impact it has had on the US. To be eligible to apply, students must be enrolled in an institution of higher education in the fall of 2017, and they must have a minimum GPA of 3.3. Students who wish to apply must submit an unofficial transcript and a 500-word essay that answers the prompt: “From your own experience or that of family member, please describe how the Americans with Disabilities Act has helped, fallen short, or failed in protecting the rights of Americans with Disabilities.” The scholarship is for $1,000, and applicants must email in their application before March 1st, 2017. The winner will be announce in the summer of 2017. More information about the scholarship can be found at the scholarship’s website https://www.fabrielelaw.com/#scholarshi
Distracted driving leads to thousands of deaths a year, and the number of deaths will only continue to grow as smart phones become even more prevalent. To bring attention to this issue, Whitley Law Firm is offering a $1,500 scholarship to the student that best answers the prompt: What have you done in your own car or in your family’s car to combat distracted driving? or What policy measures would you put into place or what practical things can we do in order to reduce the amount of distracted driving accidents? The deadline to apply is December 31, 2016, and the winner will be announced early in 2017. Students who wish to apply must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. To apply for this scholarship, applicants will need to submit a 1000-word essay that discusses the above prompt, as well as a resume and unofficial transcript. More information on the prompt can be found on the scholarship’s website, along with additional information about the scholarship in general: http://whitleylawfirm.com/#distracted-driving-prevention-scholarship
Boom Essays Writing Contest: The purpose of this essay writing contest is to inspire writers from all around the world to showcase new, fresh, and original perspective http://boomessays.com/writing-contests
Guided by the concept of making everyday life a bit easier, “Manualgo”, the largest repository of product support documents on the Internet, has been striving to inspire people to enjoy a more colorful life with do-it-yourself mindset. That is why we decided to establish a $500 USD annual scholarship, where applicants create an essay based on their electronics related experiences, to help University students all over the world get a helping hand in paying for their education. The scholarship will be awarded to one student to help him/her cover his/her tuition fees. The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the winner in check. http://www.manualgo.com/scholarship.
“Top Advisor”: This team has launched a 2016 educational scholarship opportunity! We are currently accepting applications from all undergraduate students, regardless of their area of study or socioeconomic background. The scholarship application due date is September 30th, and the winners of the $1,000 scholarship will be announced on October 14th. To give your students the opportunity to win this scholarship, please add a link to our application and a short description of our scholarship (below) to your institutions scholarship page: The TopAdvisor Scholarship opportunity will award the winning students $1,000 each to put towards their education. To apply for this scholarship, please submit a 700- to 1,000-word essay
“SEO Company Scholarship Program”: This is a new $350 scholarship for the students duly enrolled in an undergraduate program in a college or university in the United States in the 2016-2017 year. In this contest, create an informative video about digital marketing. In your video, showcase your best skills and educate your target audience about some of the things that they might not know about this topic. Indicate what you need the $350 scholarship for. Do you need to pay for tuition, accommodation, or a student loan? Please be specific, as this will be vital in awarding the scholarship. Scholarship Details Link: https://www.gingerdomain.com/seo-company-scholarship/Email address: Submission deadline: December 19th, 2016Winner Announcement Date: December 31th, 2016
“The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Fellowship program”: is a vital source of funding for the visual arts and art history in Virginia. VMFA is committed to supporting professional artists and art students who demonstrate exceptional creative ability in their chosen discipline and, as such has awarded nearly $5.5 million to Virginia’s artists since the program’s creation more than 75 years ago. All applicants must be legal residents of Virginia and student applicants must be enrolled full-time in degree-seeking programs. Applicants’ works are reviewed anonymously by distinguished jurors and awards are made based on artistic merit. The deadline for Fellowship applications is 5pm Friday, November 4, 2016.We ask that you please encourage interested students and professional artists to apply. Full eligibility criteria, can be found at www.VMFA.museum/fellowships. Visit this page for information on how to apply for a 2017-18 VMFA Fellowship.
“Manualbirds Video Scholarship Program”, a $500 scholarship contest designed to help students to make their life easier and better. This college scholarship aims to help as far as possible excellent students with their college education. We hold the annual contest where all full time students who are enrolled in a university, college or technical institute can participate by creating a video. We guarantee equality, justice and integrity in this scholarship contest and the protection of students’ privacy. Please check our scholarship program and send me your kind feedback. For detailed information about the scholarship, you can visit the scholarship page at http://www.manualbirds.com/scholarship and official rules at http://manualfile.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/Manualbirds%20Video%20Scholarship%20Program%20Official%20Rules.pdf.
$500 “You Make Me Happy” Scholarship: This college scholarship aims to help as far as possible excellent students with their college education while applicants must be currently enrolled (or be accepted to enroll within 6 months of application) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning with a cumulative GPA of 3.0+. Participating in the scholarship by creating an essay, the potential winner will be selected by a qualified panel of judges based on the criteria of writing ability (25%), creativity (25%), originality (25%), and overall excellence (25%). We guarantee equality, justice and integrity in this scholarship contest and the protection of students’ privacy. Please check our scholarship program at http://www.downloadfreeapk.com/scholarship.
2017 Typology Central Personality Type Scholarship: Interested applicants will need to apply via email per directions posted here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/scholarship.php
Scholarship details below:
- Major/Area of Study: Any
- Award: $2,000 for first place and $500 for second place
- Grade Level: Students with 15 credit hours or more
- Application Deadline: June 23rd 2017
- Selection Criteria: Applicants will be judged on the content of the essay they provide, contributions to the study or application of personality type and their academic and non-academic achievements