The Transfer Scholarship Competition provides students who have demonstrated their academic achievement at the college level with an additional scholarship opportunity while also meeting with faculty and learning more about Lynchburg College programs.
The competition is by invitation only. You must be a traditional-age incoming transfer student who has submitted an application for admission to the College and must also complete the competition application in order to be considered.
$3,500, $2,500, and $1,500 awards
Scholarships are renewable for each year of study for those who maintain the required GPA. These scholarships are in addition to any academic awards for which the student may qualify at the time of admission.
- You must be a full-time, traditional age (24 years or younger) incoming transfer student who has completed or is in the process of completing 12 or more college credit hours and are applying for first-time enrollment at LC for the fall semester. Applicants who have not yet received an admission decision may participate.
- You should have a college GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- You must apply for admission and apply for the scholarship competition by the deadline on May 15, 2015. Apply now!
- Competition dates are scheduled throughout the spring semester.
- The competition will include an interview with a faculty member and a timed written essay on the LC campus.
- Once invited to compete, you must RSVP by the deadline listed on your invitation. A confirmation letter and campus map are provided.
- Scholarship award notifications will be mailed two weeks of the competition.
Contact Tyler Eccles in the Office of Enrollment Services at 434.544.8305, 800.426.8101, ext. 8305, or .