The Annual Scholarship Competition recognizes the achievements of incoming students who excel in the Lynchburg College traditions of scholarship, leadership, and community service.
You must be a traditional-age, incoming freshman, admitted to the College and complete the competition application in order to be considered for the competition. The competition is by invitation only.
$5,000, $3,000, and $2,000 awards
Scholarships are renewable for each year of study when the required GPA is maintained. These scholarships are in addition to any academic awards for which you may qualify at the time of admission.
To apply to be considered for the competition, students need to fill out the Annual Scholarship Competition application. You will be notified via email if you are invited to compete.
- Once invited to compete, you must RSVP by the deadline listed on your competition invitation. Scholarship Competition invitations will be sent via email to the address listed on the application.
- You must participate in the on-campus competition (no exceptions).
- The competition will include an interview with a faculty member and a timed hand-written essay.
- Competition dates are scheduled for both the fall and spring.
- Scholarship award notifications will be mailed within three weeks of the competition.
Questions? Contact Danielle Zongrone in the office of Enrollment Services at 434.544.8307 or .