The Career for You?
Is an accounting career a good fit for you? Consider the questions below - you might be surprised.
How would you rate the degree to which the following statements describe you: almost always, usually, not so much, or rarely?
- I have a high level of self-discipline
- I am comfortable working with numbers
- I like using my analytical skills to solve problems
- I enjoy meeting and working with new people
- I would like to advise and assist others with their personal and business goals
- I want to continually add to my knowledge and business skills
- I am a hard worker
- I earn above-average grades
- I have high personal ethical standards (honesty, respect for self and others, professional excellence, fairness, etc.)
How would you rate the importance these career characteristics have for you: highly important, somewhat important, or not important?
- Offers a wide variety of career paths
- Involves service and assistance to other people
- Offers opportunities for responsibility and advancement
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uses the latest technology
- Involves working in a professional environment
- Provides job security and stability
- Is financially rewarding
- Represents a highly respected profession
If you chose almost always for many of the personal characteristics and highly important for many of the accounting career characteristics, then you are likely to find a career in accounting to be a good fit for you.