Our challenging accounting major (BA) and minor give you the technical knowledge you need, plus the ability to apply your knowledge with skill and good judgment. You'll benefit from working with professors who have extensive, real-world professional experience.
An accounting degree offers:
- A wide variety of professional career paths
- Opportunities for advancement
- Job security, respect, and financial reward
- Use of the latest technology
What do you know about the accounting profession? Get the Facts.
What Can I Do With This Degree?
With an accounting background, you can work as an auditor, financial analyst, FBI agent, fraud investigator, chief financial officer, tax specialist, business consultant - in fact, there are hundreds of opportunities for you after graduation.
What Are Some of Our Graduates Doing?
- CPA - Staff Auditor, Cotton & Company, LLP
- Case Management Representative, Genworth Financial
- Senior Financial Analyst, Black & Decker
- Director of Finance, Connolly Bove Lodge & Hutz LLP
- Associate, Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
"Of all my friends who were in other majors, I am the only one who had a full-time job when I graduated. In fact, my entire accounting class had jobs within a couple months of graduation." - Alex Fleming, '08