Honors colloquia are interdisciplinary courses taught by a select group of Lynchburg College faculty.
Designed expressly for students in the Westover Honors Program, the colloquia explore fundamental social, philosophical, artistic, and scientific issues.
Recent colloquia include:
- The World of Harry Potter and Harry Potter in the World
- The American Songbook
- Don’t Eat the Daisies – Plants of Renown and Danger
- What is Happiness?
- God’s Problem: Explaining Evil and Suffering
- Writer’s in Exile
- Jock Culture: Sport in Contemporary America
- Evil and Politics
- Jefferson Explored
- The Face of Battle
- Ethics and the Health Sciences
- Truth, Lies and Deceptions
- Fat America: Nutrition and the Contemporary Health Crisis
- Frankenstein: Or, the Promise and Peril of Synthetic Biology