$1,000 for books or tuition!
Registered undergraduate full-time LC students are eligible.
- Clear articulation of position and arguments given
- Carefully proofread submissions
- Observation of rules for Standard English usage in writing
- Tightly focused essays
- Originality and imagination
- Eloquence of writing style
- Eight to ten pages (roughly 3,000 words)
- Must be the original, unpublished work of one student
- Only one essay per student per year may be submitted
- Titled, typed in 12-pt easily readable font, double-spaced, 1-inch margins, numbered pages
Submissions will be judged anonymously. No name or identifying references should appear on the title page or within the document.