Engaging students through active learning to build character and advance knowledge.
The Lynchburg College School of Business and Economics offers high-quality professional programs designed to prepare students to excel in a global, rapidly changing, uncertain environment. By integrating theory and practice throughout its educational programs, the School helps students develop effective and ethical management and decision-making skills, including the ability to integrate multi-disciplinary perspectives in pursuit of organizational goals. The School strives for excellence by providing a professional, character-building education built upon a liberal arts foundation.
The School of Business and Economics continuously improves programs and processes in support of its student centered goals:
- Develop student competencies in basic business disciplines, critical thinking, oral and written communications, quantitative reasoning, teamwork, leadership, entrepreneurship, and information technology.
- Stress integrity and ethics, reinforcing the personal and professional responsibilities of leadership and good citizenship.
- Increase student awareness and experience of a diverse and dynamic world environment.
- Develop the skills, attitudes, and values that support lifelong learning.
- Develop and provide high quality curricula and instruction in a learning-centered environment.
- Recruit, retain, and develop highly qualified faculty members for whom student learning is the highest priority.
- Contribute to the base of knowledge as appropriate for a liberal arts college where student learning is the primary mission.
- Support scholarship and professional activities that allow faculty to develop in-depth areas of expertise, explore new dimensions of their fields of study, or integrate across disciplines.
- Develop and maintain strong links to the local, regional, or international communities through focused service and consulting activities.