International Relations majors have the option of participating in the National Model United Nations.
Each year, approximately 20 students travel to New York City to participate in the world’s largest inter-collegiate Model United Nations Simulation.
LC students meet, network, and negotiate with over 2,500 students from around the globe during this truly international event. The conference gives the students a unique chance to put their knowledge to the test against peers from other schools!
Throughout the 4-day conference:
- Students develop their public speaking skills
- Debate issues of international importance
- Engage in consensus-building activities
- Develop their networking skills
Highlights of the trip include:
- A briefing at the United Nations General Assembly
- A meeting with ambassador-rank diplomats of their assigned countries
- The chance to spend 5 days in New York City
Students prepare for the conference by spending nearly a semester studying the foreign policy of a single nation-state.
In recent years, Lynchburg College has represented: