The health and physical education program prepares teacher candidates to teach pre-kindergarten through 12th grade health and physical education. The program also prepares all majors to qualify for Virginia teacher licensure.
What Will I Study?
You will study a wide range of subjects in physical activity and teaching methodology. All students gain a base of knowledge in health topics such as nutrition, drugs, and the dimensions of health and wellness. Students will also participate in a wide range of classes learning how the human body moves and ways to teach appropriate movement patterns to students.
What Kind of Job Can I Get?
- Public school Health and Physical Education teacher (elementary, middle, high school)
- Private School Health and Physical Education teacher
- Conduct research
What Are Some of Our Graduates Doing?
- Middle school teacher – Lynchburg City
- High school teacher – City of Alexandria
- Elementary school teacher
- Adjunct faculty – Lynchburg College
Lynchburg College Health and Physical Education graduates are attending:
- The University of Virginia
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Lynchburg College
The Health and Physical Education program is an accredited teacher preparation program through the Virginia Department of Education.