People seek certification as a way to demonstrate knowledge and professionalism to their employers, their potential employers, and those with whom they work (the clients).
The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) are 2 of the most prestigious certifying bodies for the field of exercise physiology.
Which Certification Should I Get?
There are many certifications available, depending on your level of education and the population you want to work with.
Certifications we recommend include:
- ACSM Certified Personal TrainerSM (ACSM-CPT)
- ACSM Health Fitness Specialist® (ACSM-HFS)
- ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist® (ACSM-CES)
- ACSM Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist® (ACSM-RCEP)
- NSCA Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT)
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA-CSCS)