Instructor of Business Administration
Degrees and Certifications
- Resource Management (MRM equivalent)
National Defense University, 1992
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
Washington University School of Law, 1977
- BA in Mathematics and Political Science
Webster University, 1971
- Instructor, Lynchburg College, 2007 – present
- Private Consultant and Lecturer on National Security, Ethics and Leadership, 2004-2007
- CIA Senior Intelligence Service (SIS); Deputy Legal Counsel Counterterrorist Center (CTC); Chief Counsel Directorate of Operations Latin America Division (Counter-Narcotics); CIA Senior Ethics Counsel; Senior Policy Officer, NIMA; General Counsel, Central Imagery Office; Associate General Counsel, DMA, 1981-2003
- Officer, United States Navy, 1971-1974
- Perspectives on Business
- Legal Environment of Business (Business Law)
- Leadership and Business Ethics
Honors and Awards
- While serving as the CIA’s Senior Ethics Officer, the CIA received the US Government Office of Government Ethics “Outstanding Ethics Program Award”, 2000
- CIA Career Intelligence Medal, upon retirement from the CIA, 2003
- Licensed to practice law for over thirty years; currently licensed in Maryland and Missouri
Professor Kelbaugh has traveled extensively around the world. He is widely recognized as an expert regarding the intelligence community, ethics, and covert action authorities.
He has been quoted by The New York Times, The Washington Post, ABC News, PBS, and numerous other news sources regarding the historical perspective of CIA activities and authorities. He has been a visiting lecturer at various college campuses speaking about the portrayal of CIA in the cinema and his unique experiences with CIA. He is also a Vietnam-era veteran and served as a Fleet certified surface warfare officer.
Professor Kelbaugh brings a unique mixture of real world experience, historical perspective, academic accomplishments, and an engaging sense of humor to his classroom.