Professor of Management and Business Administration
Chair, Department of Human Resource Management
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD in Business Administration; Management
Nova Southeastern University
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
University of Dayton
Before teaching, Dr. Schimmoeller worked in industry for 20 years as a design engineer, mechanical engineering master, and manufacturing engineering manager. He has taught at several area colleges, and at Lynchburg College since fall 2005.
- International Business
Publications, Presentations, and Research
- “Using Critical Writing Assignments to Improve Student Responses,” April 2011.
- “Examination of Transformational Leadership in the Thai Context,” (with J.B. D’Souze) Ethics and Critical Thinking Journal 3.
- “Leadership Styles in Competing Organizational Cultures,” Leadership Review 10.
- Current research, The effects of organizational culture on the dominant style of leadership in an organization
- Member, Academy of Management
- Member, Decision Sciences Institute