Most Lynchburg College accounting majors enter the work force soon after graduation, many accepting job offers even before completing their senior year. Those pursuing CPA certification arrange to earn any additional college credit they may need to reach 150 hours.
Qualified and interested students enter graduate programs in business administration, accounting (including PhD studies), or taxation.
As their careers progress, accounting majors often move into management-level positions in their respective fields, frequently earning additional professional certifications along the way.
Job Titles & Careers for Accounting Majors
Common job titles for individuals who graduate with accounting degrees include:
Consumer Credit Officer
Financial Aid Director
Personal Financial Advisor
SOBE Accounting Graduates
What are these Lynchburg College accounting majors doing? Here is a sample:
- Michael Mayhew, CPA; Staff Accountant, Snead and Williams, PLLC
- Erin E. Dunkum, MBA; Staff Accountant, Kearney & Company
- Roger Silvers, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Utah; Certified Management Accountant candidate
- Frank S. Stransky, CPA; Director of Finance, Connolly Bove Lodge & Hutz LLP, Wilmington, Del.
- Gregory Hammett, CPA, CGFM; Senior Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP; MS in Business & Management, University of Maryland, College Park
- Richelle Hux; Staff Accountant, Lovelace, Norvelle, Mathews & Crews, PC
- Jason E. Hart, CPA, CFE; Master of Taxation, Virginia Commonwealth University; Supervisor – Business Assurance and Advisory Services, Keiter, Stephens, Hurst, Gary & Shreaves, P.C., Glen Allen, Va.
- Chad Mather, CPA; Accounting Specialist, Weyerhaeuser Paper Company
- Richard W. Lewis, CPA, CFE; Audit Supervisor, Keiter, Stephens, Hurst, Gary, & Shreaves, P.C.
- Robbie Hancock, CPA; Manager, Government Contracts Accounting, Babcock & Wilcox Technical Services Group, Inc.
- Janel Crite; Staff Accountant, Ryan, Sharkey & Crutchfield, LLP; graduate student, MBA (with accounting focus), University of New Haven
- Sarah Howell Hamilton; Accounting Technician IV, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Kelly Nichols, CPA; Senior Accountant, Kearney & Company, Alexandria, VA
- Drew Throckmorton, CPA; Junior Staff Accountant, Yount, Hyde, & Barbour, CPAs
- Chris Murray, CPA; Staff Accountant, Brown, Edwards & Co., LLP, CPAs
- Jerome Franks; Staff I Accountant; Ernst & Young; CPA candidate
- Jackie Fox, CPA; Staff Auditor, Cotton & Company, LLP