- DHSc in Health Sciences, University of St. Augustine; St. Augustine, Fla.
- MS in Applied Anatomy and Physiology, Boston University; Boston, Mass.
- BS in Physical Therapy, University of Pittsburgh; Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Certified in Trigger Point Dry Needling by KinetaCore; 2011 – Present
- Certified FMS Professional, Level 1, Functional Movement Systems; 2011 – Present
- Certified as a Provider of Augmented Soft Tissue Manipulation (ASTYM™) by Performance Dynamics; 2004 – Present
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists; 2003-2023
- Certified in Manual Therapy, University of St. Augustine; St. Augustine, FL; 2000 – Present
Employment and Positions Held
- Lynchburg College; Lynchburg, Va.; Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy; 2013 – Present
- Rapid Rehabilitation; Winchester, Va.; Physical Therapist, Clinical Specialist; 2001 – 2012
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences; St. Augustine, Fla.; Online Faculty for Flex Doctorate in Physical Therapy; 2003 – 2013
- Shenandoah University; Winchester, Va.; Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy; 1991 – 2000
- Winchester Medical Center; Shenandoah University Faculty PT Practice; 1991 – 2000
- Boston University; Boston, Mass.; Teaching Fellow, Neuranatomy/Neurophysiology; 1990 – 1991
Peer-Reviewed Scientific and Professional Presentations
- Talking the Walk & Treating the Walk: Gait in 2014, with Davis, A. Lynchburg, VA, March 2014.
- Shoulder, neck, and thoracic back pain and disability treated with instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization, manual therapy, and exercise following prophylactic mastectomy with failed reconstruction: A case study. Presented through the Oncology Section of the American Physical Therapy Association, Las Vegas, Feb. 2014.
- Physical Therapy Decreases Shoulder Impairments & Functional Limitations in a Woman Receiving Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer: A Single Case Design, Combined Sections Meeting, American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Nashville, Tenn., Spring 2004
- Reliability of Practice Pattern Selection when Applying an Algorithm to the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, Combined Sections Meeting, APTA, San Antonio, Tex., Spring 2000.
- Predictive Admissions Variables for Academic and Clinical Success of Entry-Level Physical Therapist: Instrumentation Phase, Combined Sections Meeting, APTA, Reno, Nev., Spring 1995.
- Indications Conference: A Key Course for Curricular Integration within a New Physical Therapy Program, Combined Sections Meeting, APTA, Reno, Nev., Spring 1995.