Assistant Professor of Education
Dr. Cash began her career as a school psychologist. Fifteen years at that job provided a wealth of experience in psychology and counseling, regular education, special education, student development and individual needs, and organizational functioning. In addition, she gained knowledge in program analysis, consultation, behavior management, IEP development, and supervision.
Working with students, parents, teachers, and administrators in public and private school settings has provided Dr. Cash with a great appreciation and respect for the educational system. She strives to make this the cornerstone of her work at Lynchburg College as she teaches introductory and core education classes and developmental psychology to future educators.
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD in Special Education, University of Virginia
- MA in School Psychology, Radford University
- EdS in School Psychology, Radford University
- BS in Psychology, University of Virginia
In addition to her passion for teaching and advising students, Dr. Cash’s professional interests continue to be a reflection of her background. Currently, her focus is two-fold: the education of students with autism, and the support of regular and special education teachers as they collaborate and implement inclusion.
- Program analysis and development
- Personnel development and supervision
- Special education process and procedure
- How to prepare for a due process hearing
- Transitioning and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Educational assessment and interpretation