Academic advisors help you plan your education. They help you to define and focus on your desired outcomes, graduate on time, and achieve greater success starting your career after graduation.
Advisors for Freshmen and First-year Students
- If you are a traditional freshman, you’ll be assigned a freshman advisor, who will work with your Connection Leader (a peer mentor).
- If you are a new adult, transfer, or second-degree student, you’ll be assigned a transfer advisor who will work with your Links Mentor (a peer mentor).
Continuing Students / Declaring a Major
- Once you declare a major, you’ll be assigned an advisor who is a professor within that major.
- If you want to change advisors, use the “declaration/change of major and advisor” form, which is available from the Registrar.
- Many students have one advisor. Westover Honors Program students and double majors have two advisors. You may also choose to have a minor advisor.
We’re in the Academic Achievement Center, 252 Hall Campus Center.
The Advising Program at Lynchburg College subscribes to CAS Standards for Academic Advising and the National Association of Academic Advising Core Values for Academic Advising.