All across the campus, students, faculty and staff reduce their environmental impact through recycling. Collection containers are available in offices and residences.
Aluminum and cardboard is taken directly to local recycling companies, while mixed paper and plastic are taken to a City of Lynchburg drop site.
If you have any questions or would like a plastic, aluminum, or paper collection bin, please contact email@example.com.
Recyclables must be sorted into the following categories. If the collection containers contain mixed recyclables or trash, the bag must be thrown out.
- White paper
- Colored paper
- Soft-cover books (or hard-cover with cover removed)
- Phone books
- File folders
- Cereal boxes
Paper that is waxed cannot be recycled.
- Break down/flatten boxes
- Place next to the paper collection bin
- Plastics #1-#7 are acceptable (found on the bottom of the container inside of a recycling triangle)
- Remove caps and rinse containers
- Only aluminum beverage cans
- Rinse the can out before placing it in the collection bin
Bins for the above items are located throughout the academic buildings and residence halls.
Southside Collection (houses, town homes, courts, Peaksview)
- You should at least have one collection bin for aluminum. If you would like additional bins, contact us.
- Place your recyclables, mixed paper, plastic bottles, or aluminum cans, in clear plastic bags. They still must be sorted! (cans with cans, plastic bottles with plastic bottles)
- When bags are full, place them next to bins.
- Clear plastic bags are available from Res Life.